Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are now being accepted for the surface finishing industry’s premier event, SUR/FIN 2016, to be held June 6 - 8 in Las Vegas Nevada. Submissions are due December 18, 2015. Preference will be given to early submittals.
We are looking for experts from around the world to give exclusive, informative presentations on the latest surface engineering and finishing technologies available today or what is on the horizon for tomorrow.
SUR/FIN® 2016, organized by the National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF), provides a dynamic venue to explore existing and state-of-the-art technology with suppliers, OEMs and applicators for gaining insight toward improving surface finishing operations.
Why Should You Participate?
NASF SUR/FIN is a global surface finishing industry’s premier event where professionals from around the world share ideas and experiences to help gain insight on practical applications, solve problems, discuss productivity improvements and introduce new technologies.
Who Should Present?
- Companies with new processes or equipment that provide significantly improved results or performance.
- People involved in production, engineering, R&D, and testing or evaluations in coatings or surface treatments are encouraged to present their results and conclusions.
Based on the subject matter of submitted abstracts, the NASF Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) will determine the best conference session for the proposed presentation. Authors will be notified of the Conference Session in which the presentation will be best suited.
A balance of paper presentations, panel discussions and forums that best meet the needs of the audience is the focus of the collaborative effort of TAC members.
Important Information for Prospective Speakers
- Papers based on presentations at the meeting may be published on the NASF SUR/FIN Website and in other publications sponsored by the NASF.
- The primary author/presenter of the accepted presentation will receive free registration, including all conference sessions, receptions and the exhibition, as well as access to all conference proceedings and the show directory. Only one person from any company or institution shall receive the complimentary registration offered per presentation.
- Please follow abstract guidelines . Abstracts should be as complete and concise as possible and will be subject to editing by the TAC for publication. Do not submit full papers or PPT presentations in lieu of an abstract. These will not be accepted.
- For submission, please provide your top three choices for Topic Categories so that we can best organize the NASF SUR/FIN technical sessions. Please note that, if chosen, the selection committee will assign presentations to sessions that best meet the needs of the conference and the attendees.
The preferable method of abstract submission is via online form. However, should you wish to submit your abstract via email to NASF, please refer to the sample abstract.
December 18, 2015
February 26, 2016
Final Papers or Presentations Due:
May 6, 2016
Submit an Abstract
PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend international speakers submit abstracts early to allow time to obtain a travel visa.
For a limited time only, attendees who purchased admission to the SUR/FIN Conference have access to download the PowerPoints from Conference Presentations. To gain access, please contact Cheryl Clark at email@example.com.